ADI Part 3 Test Of Instructional Ability
After researching many driving schools one name kept popping up (4 Wheelz). Finally I asked an examiner at my local test centre who also recommended 4 Wheelz, at this point my mind was made up as an examiner is not biased and it is a lot of money to part with. Yes I made the right choice! Firstly their instructors are first rate with a wealth of knowledge on tap. Don’t expect an easy ride though you do have to put some effort in to succeed. H Surti (Senior Training Officer) is a true professional and helped me attain grades 5 and 6 which is almost top marks. My advice to PDIs would be to work hard, listen to your instructor and take on board all the comments positive + negative but most of all be yourself even on the tests, it really helps. Examiners want to see genuine hard working PDIs not pre-programmed robots. Thanks once again to H and Richard, could not have done it without you guys. Thanks.
Tailored Training Packages
We can often tailor your training package to work around your current commitments.
Your part three training will include:-
You will receive in-car and online training with an Ordit Registered Training Officer.
You Will Be Taught To Coach and Instruct The Following:
- Explaining the controls of the vehicle, including the use of dual controls
- Moving off
- Making normal stops
- Reversing and while doing so entering limited openings to the right or to the left
- Turning to face the opposite direction, using forward and reverse gears
- Parking close to the kerb, using forward and reverse gears
- Using mirrors and explaining how to make an emergency stop
- Approaching and turning corners
- Judging speed and making normal progress
- Road positioning
- Dealing with road junctions
- Dealing with crossroads
- Dealing with pedestrian crossings
- Ability to inspire confidence in pupil
- Giving correct signals
- Comprehension of traffic signs, including road markings and traffic control signals
- Method, clarity, adequacy and correctness of instruction
- Observation and correction of driving errors committed by pupils and general manner
- Manner, patience and tact in dealing with pupil
- Meeting, crossing the path, overtaking and allowing adequate clearance for other vehicles and other road users
- Lesson Planning, Risk Management, Teaching & Learning Strategies
- Classroom TrainingYou will be trained at your own pace on lesson structure and teaching techniques. The training is in a modern relaxed environment where you can exchange ideas with other trainees.
- Extra TrainingClassroom & in-car training in-between tests at no extra cost.
- AdviceHelp and advice are always available within normal office hours from your ORDIT Registered Training Officer by phone or in person.
Once you have completed a minimum of 40 hours part3 training you can apply for a trainee Licence. The 40 hours training must be completed within a 6 months period preceding the start of the trainee licence. Start earning money & gain experience for your part 3 exam. ‘It is not essential to have a licence in order to prepare for the part 3 examination, but it is an option that is available to assist in preparing for the examination’ Quote taken from the DVSA Your Road to becoming an Approved Driving Instructor (car) ADI 14 06/09 page 19.
We Have ORDIT Registered Driving Instructor Trainers In These & Surround Areas: Birmingham, Dudley, Halesowen, Solihull, Stourbridge, Walsall, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton.
4 Wheelz ADI Pass Rates
4 Wheelz offer nationally-recognised, value for money training programmes with high-quality instruction, practical self-study materials, excellent support, fully-qualified expert trainers, and an outstanding record of success. Not only this but once you’re fully qualified we offer you the chance to be your own boss with our driving school franchise.
Hard To Believe?
Have a look at the graph below and compare the 4 Wheelz ADI pass rates to the national pass rates…
- 4 Wheelz 98% 98%
- National Average 51% 51%
- 4 Wheelz 94% 94%
- National Average 53% 53%
- 4 Wheelz 93% 93%
- National Average 30% 30%
Figures based results from 4 Wheelz trainess between Januray 2005 & January 2018.
Ordit Inspectors Comments Taken From Inspection Reports
“An excellent session”
“Excellent development of customer”
“Professional approach – client centred”
“Excellent training establishment”
“Excellent session, well done”
“Excellent establishment and facilities. Thank you”
“Good range of up to date reference material”
“Main training equipment is PC based”
“Training reports are clear, providing good information to trainee on level of performance, with targets set for next training session”
“Computer-based projector used to deliver training”
“A wide range of publications all current are provided to trainees along with DVD/CD-ROM training aids.”
“Comprehensive training records are maintained”
“Premises interior is modern and very well equipped and has excellent facilities”
“Immediately on entering the building, a professional image is evident”
“Lesson summary included objectives for next session and covered other areas of development”
“A very professional set-up”
“Well structured session”
“Overall good performance”